Monday, August 25, 2008

One gross thing at McDonalds


I'm passionate about health and nutrition. I'm not so passionate about fast food....and actually, it's kind of a cuss word in our home:). I'm proud to say that my boys have never eaten at McDonalds...that is, until recently.
Liam and I were running errands together and we passed by McDonalds. Liam has stopped asking if we can go inside (he desperately wants to play on the play ground) because my response is always "we don't eat there, it's gross". But today as we passed by he said (with a tear in his voice), "Mommy, can I PLEASE just have one gross thing at McDonalds??"
I absolutely caved.
I have a hard time saying no to this child as it is. I'm not sure what it is about him...his charming little grin perhaps...or maybe the fact that he is the sweetest little thing I've ever known..there's not a single bad bone in his body. 
So there I was, turning the car around to head back to Micky-D's to get him "one gross thing". As I pulled into the parking lot I caught myself looking around to make sure no one I knew might catch a glimpse of me buying my child this godforsaken food:). Like I was a horrible parent or something.
As my child devoured the tiny cheeseburger in the back seat, I couldn't help but grin at his enjoyment. And the price wasn't bad either. $2 for lunch, you can't beat that.
So there it is, my middle child has now eaten at McDonalds....I think we're truly Americans now.

No comments:

Post a Comment