Friday, October 30, 2009

Really?

Today is Friday, the week winds down here in Baton Rouge. It's been interesting being here, definitely a pleasant experience. We've loved the warmer weather, and the sunshine has been fabulous!
Some things that I find challenging are figuring out how to entertain the boys, and feeling like I'm doing enough for them. I feel bad when I realize that we've spent half the day inside a hotel room, but I don't know where to go because I don't know the town well enough. I also feel bad for the boys not having other kids to play with. I know they miss having little buddies. I beat myself up about this kind of stuff, and it leads me to think that we need to settle down somewhere and give up on this journey. I'm caught between my decision to make this work, and wanting my boys to have a "normal" life. It's rough. I know the boys are having fun, and that they do love to travel- but is it the right thing? How long can we make it work? Do I continue on for the sake of the adventure? All things to ponder..
I've also been really missing comradery myself. I need to be with some women! HAHA! Living with all these boys can make a girl go crazy!:) I miss my friends, I miss sushi dates and girls nights at Wild Ginger:). That has been wearing on me emotionally, it's been a struggle. I try to see the big picture, I try to look forward to the end result of this journey- but yes, it's hard.
I'm looking forward to being in Miami, and Honolulu, I know those towns so well. Hopefully it will feel a little more like home for a while. What is home anyway? Isn't it just where your heart is? If thats the case then I'm home anywhere if my boys are there. Why can't I be a little more content?
Evan just found out yesterday that we'll be in Nashville for the entire week next week. This is bittersweet because we do miss our friends like crazy! But at the same time, we finally got out of Nashville after 5 years and yet we can't seem to stay out! Haha! Geesh.
So here we go, headed up to Nashville for the week, then who knows after that. Maybe Miami, maybe Hawaii...or Boston..all part of this crazy adventure! To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah girl, get back here...even for a week!!! I hear you that your "adventure" has it's goods and bads, but doesn't everything...just do what your heart tells you and as Tim Gunn would say, "make it work!" ;-) (I hope you watch Project Runway and know what the shizzle I'm talking about!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, your girls can't wait to for you!! So glad you're here this week!! call me ASAP!!
    And don't beat yourself up, every moment in life is a season, and this time will fly by in the big scheme of things, you'll blink and it will be next year..
    I mean, come on, I was in CLEVELAND for over a year! And thought while i was there it would never end, but barely remember it now!

    love you

    ReplyDelete