Friday, November 6, 2009

Anti-aging? Yes please!

My dear friend Jenni introduced me to a product called Vivix. This stuff is so incredible I knew I would have to share! I'm a sucker for antioxidants and it seems this tonic is just that- times a million!:) A 30 day supply of Vivix delivers the equivalent amount of resveratrol found in 3,000 glasses of red wine! This stuff is potent!
Not only does this super tonic slow the aging process on a cellular level, it also has been proven to reverse auto-immune diseases! This is something I'm particularly interested in because I myself have Hashimoto's auto-immune. I was diagnosed with the disease after my second son was born. I began to feel extreme fatigue and depression, my hair started falling out and my skin was incredibly dry. When my blood work came back, sure enough, my immune system was attacking my thyroid gland, wrecking havoc on my body and hormones. No fun. My auto-immune disease was supposedly triggered by pregnancy, it's not something that I was born with. This leads me to believe that it's reversible.
I've done a ton of research on reversing auto-immune disorders. One thing that has to happen is a sort of "calming" of my immune system.
Recently I read a book called Eat Right For Your Type, it opened my eyes to a theory that is changing my life. I had no idea (even after going to school for nutrition) that a specific blood type has a specific nutritional "guideline". My particular blood type is predispositioned to auto-immune disorders because of my hypersensitive immune system.
Part of the "calming" process is to adhere to a strict blood type diet. Within the first two weeks of eating according to my blood type, I stopped having to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I obviously had inflammation in my bladder from the foods I was eating that went against my blood type. When the inflammation went down, the constant peeing stopped:). (TMI?)
Another thing that changed was my tummy aches. If you know me well, you know I have chronic stomach aches- have since I was a teenager. When I adhere to the diet, the aches calm down incredibly- if not go away all together.
Since I've been traveling over the past two months, I haven't been able to adhere to the diet like I should, but I do plan on picking it up when we settle somewhere and I can cook for myself more often.
Part of my process will be adding Vivix into my diet daily. I'm anxious to see if my body responds and my immune system stops trying to kill my thyroid;).
I will update regularly as I start this journey with vivix...always starting a journey:).

No comments:

Post a Comment